The details of Black Panther and interesting Black panther facts fascinate people from all walks of life, all over the world. Today we have got animal with strength, speed, power, courage, attitude and a cute name “Panther” and i am going to tell you some awesome facts about panthers.
Panther is one of the most powerful, active and deadliest mammal from the Big Cats family. They are also known as, Black Leopard, Black Jaguar and Black Panther.
In the wild panther can live only 12 years, but in Captivity they can live a longer life of 20 years.
It can be in different size depending on its body weight, the maximum weight a it can achieve is 160 kg, and normally their weight varies with their age from “36 Kg – 160 Kg”.
A healthy and young panther can sprint up to 114 Kilometers per hour.
You may also like reading: Rainbow facts
Interesting Panther Facts: 20 Facts about Panthers
Here is a list of Panther Facts from which you can learn more about Big cats.
- They are one of the most strong and great climbers in the Big Cats Family.
- The Black Panther is a stealth attacker and is also known as the ghost of the forest.
- It is from the big cat family and by studying its strength and abilities, the researchers said that it is actually a Leopard or a Jaguar.
- A she-panther got pregnant for 3 months.
- Panther facts shows that White panthers are known to be one of the rarest animals breed in the world, there are only few hundred white one in the world.
- They love swimming and they often swim to relax themselves.
- A panther can lift hunted animal 50 times heavier than himself.
- The Yellow-Panther can have both black and yellow cubs.
- Florida panther is not the pure breed, although researchers say that it’s not a panther.
New Black Panther Facts
- There are many amazing panther facts and it is believed that Lorenz Oken in 1816 was the first person to describe this breed.
- When they are babies their eyes are closed and covered with gray fur.
- Panther doesn’t leave its mother until or unless he is one and half years old.
- They can easily hunt down their prey in the night because of their black color.
- They are solitary by breed and they only meet during the mating season.
- Panthers are carnivores.
- Black panthers are beautiful but rare, they can only be found in the jungles of US, UK and Australia.
- Some extraordinary facts about panthers tell us that this creature can lean up to 25 feet.
- Panthers can also become good pets, only if they are raised with care from their childhood.
- They are hunters by birth, because their mother teaches them how to hunt at the age of 3 months.
- The largest panther is of 10 feet in length.
- A panther can also produce loud roar like lions.
Panther Fact: Different Types of Panthers
Panthers belong to the family of cats, leopards and lions. They are somehow called jaguars and there are different types of panthers. The two main types of panther are white and black panther. The other types of panther are classified with respect to their colors. The other types of panther are yellow panthers, tawny panthers and spotted panthers.
Are these Panther facts awesome? If yes then you should try reading: German Shepherd Facts