Gold is valuable and there are many weird, cool, awesome, funny amazing and interesting Gold facts you probably aren’t aware of.
Gold was originated 200 million years after the formation of earth, and all of the gold on our planet came from the bombardment of Meteorites. This bombardment has filled the core of earth with plenty of gold. In fact there is enough gold in the core of this planet to coat its surface with a depth of 1.5 feet or more.
Gold and copper were the first metals discovered by human being. And it is observed that nearly half of all the gold ever mined in this world has come from South Africa.
Gold Is Edible
A very weird but true fact about gold indicates that Gold is suitable to eat and it can be eaten as a food. By considering this fact Dubai has launched a program in 2014 to pay children 2 grams of gold for every KG weight they loose. If you want to earn some gold, go to Dubai and consider loosing some weight.you can know about getintopc
Did You Know?
Gold can cure cancer. Sounds strange but some gold facts are verified by the researchers and their research shows that by injecting gold in ones body can cure the cancer quicker and completely.
Time has the ability to change a very useless coal into valuable gold.
Interesting Gold Facts Ever
Here is a list of some weird but true gold facts you may not know.
You should also read: Bacteria Facts
- The Worlds largest GOLD BAR has a weight of 250 KG.
- Gold is not very unique, that it has been found on every continent.
- You have 0.2 Milligrams of gold in your body. The amount of gold is present in your blood cells.
- A very strange fact shows that earthquakes can turn water into gold.
- EUCALYPTUS trees are the only trees whose leaves contains small traces of Gold.
- Olympic gold medal have only 1.34% of gold in it.
- A research shows that the amount of gold ever mined can be fitted in 3 Olympic swimming pools.
- By wearing a gold ring continuously over a year, you loose 6 milligrams of gold from it just by wearing it on your finger.
- Oceans are the only place on earth with maximum amount of gold. Researchers have claimed that over 20 Million
- Tons of gold is present in the oceans.
- Melting temperature of 24K gold is recorded as 1063°C.
- Most of the people in this world has fear of gold and this type of illness is known as Aurophobia.
A False Experiment
Hennig Brand was a chemist who believed that urine can be converted into gold just by boiling it. And for that he requested many times for this experiment to occur. When he was permitted to do this experiment, he collected 1500 Gallons of Human Urine and boiled it. And let me tell you that he never found Gold by boiling it, the only thing he found was Phosphorous.
Gold as a Thread
Gold facts and studies shows that this is the only metal that is ductile and it can be stretched. It is observed that even one ounce of gold can be stretched into a gold thread 5 miles long. These type of threads (Gold Threads) are also used as embroidery thread.