Shaking of earth is known as earthquake and its myths turns into the reality by these series of scary and interesting earthquake facts.
Every day the earth is shaken by hundreds of small earthquakes, most go unnoticed. These earthquakes usually occur along the boundaries of thin plate’s covering the earth like an eggshell..
The surface of the earth is made up of 20 plates that can move constantly , driven by the heat within the earth’s core the plates lined against each other on long lines called faults and when these plates find their motion blocked, stress builds up and the released energy rises through the earth in the form of waves and movement of plates creates a force shaking the earth called Earthquake.
Interesting Facts about Earthquake – Earthquake Facts
Here is a list of most terrifying and interesting Earthquake facts. Learn this interesting information about earthquakes while enjoying a range of interesting facts.
- The magnitude of world’s largest earthquake ever recorded was 9.5, this terrifying moment occurred in Chile in 1960.
- California is moving toward northwest along the fault of San Andreas with a rate of 0.8 inches per year.
- It is observed by the scientists that within next 85 million years Los Angeles could be located in Alaska.
- Earthquake can turn water into gold.
- Standing under the doorway when the earth is shaking is a very false advice.
- There is no accurate instrument or way to predict the earthquakes.
- The disaster of San Francisco ruined more than 500 blocks of the town.
- Due to the Nepal earthquake in 2015, Mount Everest shrank 1 Inch 2.5 Cm.
- One of the most interesting facts about earthquake shows that in Alaska there occur ICEQUAKES and these quakes are produced by shaking of ice below.
- It is also said that Quakes can occur on the moon which are known as MOONQUAKES.
- Earthquake facts also show that each year there occur more than 500,000 quakes all around the world, though most of them are so small that they are never felt.
Also read: Haiti Earthquake Facts
Unbelievable Earthquake Facts
- The world’s most terrifying and deadliest shake ever recorded has occurred in China in 1556 vanishing more than 830,000
- California experiences more than 10,000 quakes per year.
- The Great Alaskan Earthquake is known as the largest earthquake ever occurred in the U.S which had a magnitude of 9.2.
- Tsunami is caused by the earthquake occurring under the sea.
- Earthquake facts and studies show that around 80% of all the earthquakes are originated in Pacific Rim.
- Japan experiences more than 1500 earthquakes every year.
- An Earthquake on DEC 1811 made the Mississippi River to flow backward.
- 8000 people die every year due to earthquake.
- One of the very interesting facts about Earthquake tells us that the ratio of these quakes is equally distributed to all the weathers.
- The destructive earthquake of Chile with a magnitude of 8.8 has shortened earth days by slightly changing the rotation of the earth.
- The aftershocks of the HAWAII’s earthquake are still being observed.
- Another study shows that the increase in sea levels and melting of the glaciers disturbs the balance of earth plates increasing the intensity of the earthquakes.
Fun Facts About Earthquake
There is also a verity of fun facts about earthquake on google. But we have choose the most unique content to improve your knowledge.
- Cats are extremely sensitive to earthquakes and vibrations. Scientists believe that they can detect earthquake tremors 15 minutes before human.
- Fun facts about earthquake also point out the Japan Mythology, according to which most of the people believe that there is giant fish in the ocean called “NAMAZU”, and they believe that it is responsible for all the earthquakes.
- Extraction of oil from the soil can also cause minor earthquakes.
- “Earthquake Weather” is a false myth. There is no such thing in reality.
For comments and arguments you are free to use the comment box below.