Today I have got crazy, cool, epic, awesome, funny, weird, wild, unexpected, true, interesting facts about china and I expect you to love these china facts.
China is officially known as the “People’s Republic of China” and is one of the oldest civilizations of the world.
Interesting Facts about China
Here is a list of some interesting facts about china you probably aren’t aware of.
- China is the country with largest population of 1.3 billion people.
- It is said that one in every five people in the world is probably the Chinese.
- China is the fourth largest country.
- For over 40 years all the Disney characters like Mickey Mouse, Donald duck were banned in China.
- China is only the third nation to launch a manned spaceflight after U.S and Russia in 2003.
- Over the past few years china has now become the world best seller of Beer.
- Red is the color of happiness for Chinese and is used at parties and weddings.
- For Apricot china is the only native country.
- One of the most interesting facts about china tells us that, 50% of Donkeys of the world lives in china.
- Soccer is also the invention of Chinese.
- Thousands years ago the world’s first paper money was created in China.
- One in every three socks you have were made in the district of the Tung in Suji China, which is also known as socks city.
- More than 30 million people in China live in “Cave homes” because they are warm in winter and cold in the summer.
- In 2008 china classified internet addiction as a disease.
- Dyeing Pets to look like other wild animals has been a trend in china since the 2000.
- The Great Wall of China is the largest structure made by man in the world.
- Early in 700 A.D, Finger printing was first practiced in china.
- About 200 years ago, Tea was invented by the Chinese.
- Chinese also invented Compass, Paper and Gunpowder.
- Suspension Bridges were also invented in China early in as 25 B.C.
- For the backup communication system, the Chinese army has also trained more than 10,000 pigeons.
The Great Inventors of All the Time
Let me tell you other most interesting facts about china that: Ancient china has invented series of inventions from the ancient world to the modern world including the four great inventions.
- Gun Powder
But that’s just the basics:
Crossbow, soccer, paper money, the tooth brush, cast iron, domino’s, nail polish, fishing wheels, the horse collar, kite, paper cup, playing cards, movie theater, restaurant’s menu cards, toilet paper, wrapping paper, mechanical clocks, even the ice cream were all invented by the Chinese.
Country with a 2 Year Old Emperor
The Chinese emperor PUYI became the ruler when he was only 2 years old. He was the 12th ruler of the Ching Dynasty and the very last emperor of china after having one for over 5000 years. PUYI was carried to the throne by his father; in fact he got scared by the loud ceremonial drums and started crying.
Fun Fact about China – Weird Chinese New Year
The Chinese New Year is separate from the traditional January 1st New Year celebrated around the world, and this has been observed for over 4 thousand years. The festival begins on the 2nd new moon on the shortest day of the year. Night before the new year in china, a family reunion dinner is held, windows and doors are often decorated with red paper.
Some people like fire crackers or give money in red paper envelops because red is a color traditionally associated with luck in Chinese culture. On each New Year people travel in Buses and Planes all around the china to meet their loved ones, which makes it the world’s largest annual human migration.
In Chinese culture it is traditionally believed that every person turns one year old on the New Year, which means it’s considered to be everyone’s birthday which makes it one of the weirdest facts about china.
China Facts – SILK
The Chinese have been making silk for over 5000 years and furiously guarded the secret of making it for most of the time. In fact if any one tries to smuggle the secret of making silk out of the country was put to death.
According to Chinese legends, Silk was discovered in 3000 B.C by the wife of “Yellow Emperor –Leizu” and it is also said that she accidentally made silk by dropping ingredients in the pot of tea..
The Demand for this comfortable fabric eventually created over 6000 miles long trade root known as the SILK ROAD, that stretch all the way from eastern china to the Mediterranean sea. This also helps create some of the first real cultural connections between china and the other civilizations in India, Persia and Arabia.
If all these china facts were really the most cool and interesting facts about china then you should also try reading these interesting facts:
- Amazing Facts about William Shakespeare
- 10 Facts about Jackie Robinson
- Stonehenge Facts
- JFK Facts
- Stephen Hawking Facts
So, the next time you led the fireworks or eating ice cream and flying a kite on the top of a horse in the middle of an earthquake, and then you can thank the ancient Chinese.