- Have you ever yawned and a bit of saliva shoots out of your mouth into the air? So have many apparently, you’re not alone. This process is known as Gleeking and is caused by your salivary glands being randomly stimulated.
- The value of Bitcoins have sky rocketed with 1 bitcoin currently equating to around $4,200 (as of September 2017). This fact hit one Jacksonville man quite hard when, in 2010 he paid 10,000 bitcoins, or $25, for someone to deliver him 2 pizzas, this seems like a fair deal but now those 10,000 bitcoins are actually worth $42,189,900 – 2 very expensive pizzas indeed.
- In 2015 the Korean Herald revealed a study that found out that the number of fried chicken outlets in Korea stood a whopping 36,000. This figure means the country has almost the same number of these outlets as there are McDonald’s branches across the world.
- In the state of Mississippi the driver of a vehicle may consume alcohol as he mans the wheel as long as his blood alcohol level remains below 0.08%, which is the given level across many jurisdictions including the U.K. In most states drivers aren’t even allowed to have a passenger holding an alcoholic beverage.
- In 2011, at the 21 annual IG Nobel Prize awards, Japanese scientists secured a place in the history books after winning an award for a $450 fire alarm system for the deaf. The system uses vaporized Wasabi to alert a member of the deaf community of the potential risk.
- The 1997 video game Disney’s Math Quest: Aladdin was the only game Robin Williams voiced. He played his unforgettable funny-man The Genie in the game and helped youngsters navigate the wondrous world of math.
- The male equivalent of a ballerina is a ballerina.
- The only country in the world to begin with a Q is Qatar, the nearest English pronunciation to the local way would be Cutter and the name comes from Qatara referring to Zubara, a town in the country. The only country ending in Q is Iraq.
- In 1960 a female cow was killed by a falling chunk of U.S. satellite in Cuba. With the tension at the time between the two countries, this was seen as a way of taking a dig at the U.S. so a cow was paraded through the streets with a sign reading “Eisenhower, you murdered one of my sisters”.
- Whenever you approach a door in any outlet across the world, I can almost guarantee you’ll have the ‘is it a push or pull’ moment in which you have a simple choice between success or humiliation. This design is known as a “Norman Door”; a door style that needs directions of use to be displayed.
- Fort Knox has an escape tunnel installed in the lower part of the vault. This tunnel is there in case anyone accidentally becomes trapped inside the vault.
- A group of pandas is called an embarrassment.
(Visited 34 times, 1 visits today)